6.03.2011

TBF FASHION INSPIRATION: PREVIEW MAGAZINE, the Philippines' Fashion Bible


I am getting pumped for my next trip to The Philippines (whenever this may be) and yes, there are a lot of things I could get excited about, like the food, the atmosphere, seeing my relatives and just simply being submerged in my culture but being a true fashionista at heart, I am (regrettably) fixated on the current state of our country's (or at least Manila's) fashion. All I can think of is what to wear and what to pack. Naturally, I decide to flip through our nation's bible for style and all things modern, trendy and classic: PREVIEW.  

Anyway, I built myself a hefty collection during my last visit (they sell back issues there which is awesome for us "balikbayans" who can't subscribe) but of course, I wasn't lucky enough to purchase the ones sold after my departure. Luckily, they have a lot of the content posted on their website: http://www.stylebible.ph/ a must-click if you are interested in this aspect of The Philippines. The website's structure is very similar to VOGUE's style.com but different because of what's featured - either way, it's a great source for all things fashion-related. 

By the way, I made the collage above to showcase and pay some respect to PREVIEW's incredible covers in the past few years. 

A special note to those who have this preconceived notion that Filipinos back "home" are tacky, do yourself a favor, place your ignorance in your back pocket for just one minute and grab a copy of PREVIEW to see that we're not all baduy.

Feeling empowered by my Filipina (and some half Filipina) sisters,
Justine

2 comments:

  1. thank you for supporting us, for people living abroad you can download us on Zinio.
    Preview Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy every time a post of yours has a nod to the Philippines and yes, Preview is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

View similar posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...